Monday, September 21, 2009

The Songs




Songwriting has become a diary for me. It helps me vent. It helps me explain myself in ways I can't in conversation, and in learning the great value of re-writing I've come to write and re-write for the sheer pleasure of the creative process. While some parts of the songs are true and factual, some are not. Some are a vague word picture of a reality I have a hard time putting into words. Some are fun and though you might think I'm poking fun at an aspect of society, such as the prosperity gospel in Jesus Drives A Cadillac, on a rather serious level, I'm actually poking fun at myself. I hope I can shed a bit of light on whats behind the songs here. Thanks for reading! Here's the list...

1. Here we Are
2. Into The Arms
3. Mambo On The Rooftops
4. The Lights Up Ahead Song
5. Jesus Drives A Cadillac
6. Louder Than Words
7. Waiting For You
8. Something
9. Lead Me To The Rock
10. Longing For The Moon
11. White-Washed Tomb
12. Maybe Tomorrow

and possibly...
13. All Creation

No comments:

Post a Comment