Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Lights Up Ahead Song



I love this song. Its my first driving song, written when I bought my first 'sports' car, (does a Honda Prelude count? You be the judge!). One of my favorite drives is between Vancouver and Whistler on the Sea-To-Sky highway. Surrounded by nature, curvy roads and a bit of horsepower...and somehow I turned it into a song about the coming kingdom. Go figure!

THE LIGHTS UP AHEAD SONG

You have shown me where I bleed
On this old highway you made for me
Where sea-to-sky meets the open road
I grab the throttle and I let her go
I really let her go

I love to sit here and watch the miles go by
I could drop the pedal - really let her fly
Through hairpin turns or the straight away
I round the corner and the heavens give way…
The heavens give way

I see the lights up ahead
Breaking through and taking back
Everything that was and is,
And forever will be His


Now I call shotgun on every ride we take
I could still grab the wheel but that’d be the big mistake
I used to know a short cut through this part of town, but
Ever since I’ve come to know you I love this long way around

Jay Duncan 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment