Sunday, November 1, 2009

Waiting For You



Ahhh. I love this song. It always reminds me of a period in my life that was spent with super cool people in the small town of Bendigo, Australia. Big deadly spiders, big brown snakes and learning to drive stick on the wrong side of the road. It was quite a time. It was also a time where I was pressed so far out of my comfort zone - I couldn't believe it. Looking back I can see that God was preparing me for what would come next - Africa. And fatherhood. Noah, (pic above), has been an answer to prayers that have been hidden in the deepest recesses of my heart for years and years. I am eternally grateful for the chance to be a father to this little lad.

WAITING FOR YOU

Mercy falls
From your lips
Bittersweet like a good-bye kiss

The setting sun on the western shore
Depths that lead me to your door
Leave me waiting for you

You are
Hope everlasting
Faithful eternal
Father forever
Humble divine

You love
Justice and mercy
Your burden is light
You place your hand on my shoulder Lord
It’s you I can’t deny


Familiar strains of a melody
Enticing me like a promise ring
Leave me waiting for you

The moonlit trail of a mystery
Fingerprints of a coming King
Leave me waiting here for you

Its You

Jay Duncan 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment